“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” -― St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Song from Your Child:

The other day I watched a very disturbing series of videos on You Tube, concerning what happens to some of the thousands and thousands of baby girls left abandoned in China. In fact, it is too disturbing to post here on this page, which is a symbol of hope for all these kids. I will say this - I cannot believe they claim there are not enough orphans to go around for all the families wanting to adopt them, I do not know. I do not know enough about China and the situation there and their adoptions to say. But I think if they looked a little deeper, they might find there are more than enough of these children to go around. And I think the One Child policy is terrible. I understand its purpose, but I do not agree with it. If they must do this then they should limit families to 2 children. In the end, I believe it will produce a lot less orphans. And on that thought, isn't the law that is made to control the population of China in itself contradictory? Abandoned or not these little girls are still adding to the population, whether in the arms of their family, in the walls of an orphanage or - worse. So this law is not limiting anything but human rights. But that is my opinion.

And so, I found this little video, please know I know that not everyone in China wants it to be this way. Not a lot of people do, I think. And so, for all those little girls -and boys- their birth parents and adoptive parents alike. Thank you so much for lighting up the life of one little angel at a time.

This song can be sung from any child, anywhere, who has needed love in their lives. If you have pulled them into your arms, or if you are going through the adoption process to do so, no matter where you are adopting from or who they are or even if they will show you ever that they do love you and do care - I would like to think they know this song in their hearts:




Goodnight.


1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Just popping in to say 'hello' and thank you for your encouraging notes and prayers.

xoxoxoxoxo
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Already Home:

Mary AnahPavel and OlegSmiles & TrialsMattea OlenaRoush DaisyAlekseyAna
Allen & AnnieBrown Family

Quotations:

"A child's hand in yours -- what tenderness and power it arouses. You are instantly the very touchstone of wisdom and strength."

-Marjorie Holmes

Soles for Souls:

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

Thank You for the Layout:

Search the Web:

Custom Search

Search Results: