“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” -― St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, September 3, 2011

After the Loss of Angel

...an update on my Grandparents whom lost their precious Angel last month.LinkFirst, I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for them. For certain they are being felt. My grandparents are doing alright. They miss her but they know they have to keep going. My Grandpa still goes out and rides his bike every day, in honor of angel, he still stops at all their stops. My Grandma on the other hand, is also ok but taking it a bit harder. She has a medical condition that doesn't allow her to do very much these days. And hearing her say how bad it hurts and watching her sadness brings tears to my eyes. These are my grandparents. I am not supposed to see them cry. I am supposed to be doing the crying. They the comforting. That's how it always was, right?

Welll, that has changed. It has changed before this. At some point the parents and grandparents stop taking care of the kids and the kids take care of the parents and grandparents -- and no one seems to notice really when this happens. It just does...

But, I did start this entry on an upbeat note and I want to end it on one as well. You see -- they are getting another little dog. We don't know what dog as of yet but they are thinking from the local shelter. They are going to get a shelter dog -- a dog who needs them as much as they need it -- and my heart soars for all three of them, for my grandparents and for the doggie to be.

Will keep you updated. Thanks again and take care.
--Debrah

No comments:

Already Home:

Mary AnahPavel and OlegSmiles & TrialsMattea OlenaRoush DaisyAlekseyAna
Allen & AnnieBrown Family

Quotations:

"A child's hand in yours -- what tenderness and power it arouses. You are instantly the very touchstone of wisdom and strength."

-Marjorie Holmes

Soles for Souls:

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

Thank You for the Layout:

Search the Web:

Custom Search

Search Results: