“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” -― St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Marta:

Hey everyone in blog land,

Yesterday afternoon I went looking around the net and found this:

http://anotherespressoplease.blogspot.com/


This girl has been adopted by a family here in the US - and yet she is not being allowed to come to join them by our government. Why - because of TB screening, the catch is she has already had TB in the past and the treatment for it. Yet because of the scarring, she has to wait more months?

I can honestly can see both sides of this issue, but I am leaning toward the family. This girl has had this, she no longer does, nor is she contagious or a threat. I realize that we can't allow laws to change for one child, but this isn't a sick child, I think? Or am I wrong? I also know that TB is not a condition to be messed with.

Anyway I thought it was worth passing their blog along.

No comments:

Already Home:

Mary AnahPavel and OlegSmiles & TrialsMattea OlenaRoush DaisyAlekseyAna
Allen & AnnieBrown Family

Quotations:

"A child's hand in yours -- what tenderness and power it arouses. You are instantly the very touchstone of wisdom and strength."

-Marjorie Holmes

Soles for Souls:

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

Thank You for the Layout:

Search the Web:

Custom Search

Search Results: